Saturday, March 1, 2008

My first race!

I ran the Anthem 5K this morning here in Louisville, which is the first of three races they call the "Triple Crown". I finished 38th out of 270 in my age group with a time of 24 minutes, 27 seconds. My cheerleader husband was proud of me despite the fact that I made him wake up early on a Saturday morning to go stand outside in the cold. I have still been training for the Derby mini marathon which takes place at the end of April, and most people who are participating in the Derby marathon do the "Triple Crown" to work themselves up to either the full or mini marathon.
On a side note, I think that I have already come to the conclusion taht runners are a different breed...much different than "soccer moms"...I'm not sure how really to explain it...but you would understand what I mean if you went to a race...they are quite fun to watch. : )

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Yeah Way to go Case!!!!

Umm I have heard those soccer moms are a breed of there own...

Unknown said...

omg you are totally a runner.
you even have the number.

next time we'll keep braden company. well, unless i'm busy giving birth :o) but really, besides that, i'm there!