Friday, August 20, 2010

Iced Vanilla Latte

I've been on a caffeine kick lately. During the summertime heat I like my caffeine to come in the form of the frozen variety...mocha, java chip, green tea, etc. But recently I've switched it up and have tried iced coffees and iced lattes. They do just the trick and have less calories and help me resist the urge to get that extra whipped topping that adds another 70!

image via

Today though, I made my own iced vanilla latte! Saves money and tastes (almost) just as good.

*6 oz. double strength coffee, cooled.
Note: I make my coffee with a french press so I put
4 tablespoons of coffee grounds in 6 oz. boiling water.
(For the caffeine deprived: 6 oz. = 3/4 cup)
*1 1/2 cups milk
*1 teaspoon vanilla extract
*1 tablespoon sugar
*ice
Stir all ingredients together, drink, and enjoy!

No comments: