Saturday, April 30, 2011

Quilting Bee (Hilary)

Just in time for the month to end, I completed Hilary's block for our MSQB. Hilary chose for us to do a flower inspiration quilt block. She sent neutral fabric for the background and let us chose how to interpret the flower in our block. I'm curious to see what everyone comes up with for this one. I chose to do a block using the paper piecing technique.


This one is called a Starry Web block, and here's how mine turned out:

Kinda looks like a sunflower. I found the instructions for this block via In Color Order...one of my newly found favorite quilting blogs.

I also did one more for Hilary inspired by this tutorial:


It is much simpler, but maybe it'll break up busyness between blocks.

1 comment:

Hilary McFetridge said...

These are both so pretty, Casey! Thank you so much!